× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Extender Only Works for a Couple of Minutes

KonanGod
Follower

Wifi Extender Only Works for a Couple of Minutes

I recently purchased a EX6110 Wifi Ranger Extender and have gone through setting it up multiple different times in multiple different ways and yet everytime I get it set up, the thing has all green lights and works fine for about 2 minutes before quitting for a while then coming back on. It doesn't matter where I put it, it does the same thing. I'm on CenturyLink using a C1100T router if that helps in any way.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that I have already checked the firmware, and yes it's at the current firmware. I've even overwritten it with the file from netgear still to no avail.

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Chris205
Aspirant

Re: Wifi Extender Only Works for a Couple of Minutes

Did you make sure the IP address the extender is using is a static IP address, not getting one from DHCP?  I found that worked for me with my EX6250.  You'll need to choose a static IP address through your router.

Message 2 of 3
Coaleyed
Guide

Re: Wifi Extender Only Works for a Couple of Minutes

If you start messing with static IPs make sure that you go into your router and change the scope of DHCP so that it never gives it to something else if the router restarts.

ie.

192.168.1.1 is default to start handing out addresses

change it to 

Then static IP the box as suggested to something like 192.168.1.3

It also won't hurt to go into the router and block that MAC address to that 192.168.1.3 so that when it comes back the router knows what to do with it instantly.

Hopefully the combination of the posts here helps you out.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7