× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Extender Really Slow

theBanditt
Follower

Wifi Extender Really Slow

My extender is really slow and is having issues. I have already checked the main router and that is not the issue. I'm having speeds, on my AC1900 with an ethernet connection, caps at ~30mb/s download and ~25mb/s upload, when both should be 150-200mb/s. Furthermore, when I join a game on multiplayer, the internet speed crashes and I lose connection to the internet. I have tried replugging the extender, going through the setup again, factory resetting, FastLane, changing coverage, changing wifi channel, and updating firmware. This extender is relatively new, less than 1 year since I bought it, and I have never had an issue with it until now. I have tried looking through forum posts but none have been conclusive. 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wifi Extender Really Slow

Hi theBanditt,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your issue with the extender. Did you do firmware update recently? What is the model of your extender? Have you contacted our Support team already? You may try reinstalling or downgrading the firmware of the extender through this link https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7