× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi Extender Set Up Problem

AHJessica
Aspirant

Wifi Extender Set Up Problem

I got a extender a long time ago with this router to use in an old house of ours. It hasn't seen the daylight in two years until today because we have moved into a house again. When you plug the thing in and connect to it, it brings you to the extender set up page but when you try to "make the account" for the extender login it just REFUSES to go past the sign up page. No matter how many times you click "next" it never moves past that page. Therefore I can't set up the extender and half of our house doesn't have a wi-fi signal. I don't know the model of it... It's the one they show in their official "how to set up a wifi extender" video. 

If anyone has anything they can suggest to try to fix it, I would appreciate it! 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
AHJessica
Aspirant

I'm just going to call Netgear. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If its been a couple years, a couple things I would try.

1. Reset the device. Who knows what settings you initially had on it.

2. Try different web browsers. Standards have changed and if its a couple years out of date, a different web browser might help.

3. Update firmware after the reset. I know that you don't know what model number it is. Its on the device. I promise. Look on the label for the device. 

4. Try connecting over a hard wired connection for initial setup. This helps sometimes.

you can go to netgear.com/support/   and enter in the model number off the label on it. It'll have manuals, install guides, and the newest firmware for you

Message 2 of 5
AHJessica
Aspirant

I've done eveyrthing I know to do. I reset the device. I can't plug any device I won intp ethernet because none of them have ethernet ports. Even if I plug the extender in directly nothing happens. I've updated firmware. I've done all I know to do and I still can't get past that "create account page"
Just refuses to go further. My kids will just have to live without internet. They'll get over it. lol

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

1. did you try a different browser?

2. you state you updated firmware. Which firmware did you update if you couldn't tell me model number? and how did you update if you can't access the device?

3. You state you don't have an ethernet port on any of your devices. They make usb-ethernet adapters or you can borrow a computer for a short period. 

4. Are you connecting to the default wifi? Once connected are you typing in mywifiext.net? or how are you accessing it? 

More details help us understand whats going on and what you've done. 

Message 4 of 5
AHJessica
Aspirant

I'm just going to call Netgear. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7