× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Range Entender AC750 Secure Connection Issue

Jclark100
Follower

Wifi Range Entender AC750 Secure Connection Issue

Just joined and thanks in advance for any help. I bought the extender because of the distance from my Ubee router/modem to a security camera on my out building. Everything went fine with the wifi connection from the camera to the extender. As instructed I had to use my Ubee network password when I connected the camera to the extender since it is an extension of my wifi.

Now the issue. I just bought an HP laptop a few weeks ago. I was out on the carport near the extender and connected the laptop to the netgear extender. The issue is the computer connected without a password and showed an "open" and not secured status. Wondering if this may be an issue where someone nearby can use my wifi. Any ideas???

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi Range Entender AC750 Secure Connection Issue

Hi @Jclark100, you can try and access the web UI of the extender and check the wireless security settings. Also, does the issue persist with your other wireless devices (smartphone, tablets, etc.)?

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7