× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi entender with baby monitor

BryanP
Aspirant

Wifi entender with baby monitor

Hello,

I am not a tech savy guy and ned some advice on what to buy.  Our wifi doesnt reach our babys room and I am looking at wifi extenders.  My question is will this option work for video/sound etc being sent back to the main network or will it be on a seperate network and I wont get the info sent back to me?  I am not sure if this is a one way signal option or two way...if this makes any since.  Very much appreciate any advice.  Thank you!

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi entender with baby monitor

Hello BryanP

The extender would create a seperate wireless network but it would still be on the same network as the router it is connected to.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @BryanP,

All extenders are pass through device where it your baby monitor works with your Router's network, it'll work via extender too.

Message 2 of 4
BryanP
Aspirant

So I dont need to worry about the extender having a seperate IP (or something...not sure) that it wont communicate back to the main network IP?  Thanks so much for your help!

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BryanP

The extender would create a seperate wireless network but it would still be on the same network as the router it is connected to.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7