× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender Client light red or not on

Harri_P
Aspirant

Wifi extender Client light red or not on

I am able to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable from my pc to the extender but the client light is either off or red. I have treid a different cable but that made no difference. 

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extender Client light red or not on

@Harri_P wrote:

I am able to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable from my pc to the extender but the client light is either off or red. I have treid a different cable but that made no difference. 

I'm a bit confused. You've hooked your computer to the extender and its working? but you're wondering why the led isn't lit up? 

Message 2 of 5
Harri_P
Aspirant

i think my connection is fluctuating as the light keeps changing. my connection to the router is always solid green. im unsure why the light is indicating poor client connection 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a differnet client connected? See if a different laptop has the same issue. Maybe the port on your pc is bad. You said you've tried different cables. 

Does it do the same over wireless? 

Message 4 of 5
Harri_P
Aspirant

i dont have anything to test the port on the pc. using it wirlessly just give a poor speed overall. its usually alright but im confused as to why its telling me the connection if poor or none exsistant 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7