× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender EX6250 can't use Nighthawk app

Ema98
Follower

Wifi extender EX6250 can't use Nighthawk app

Hi to everyone, I recently bought a EX6250 wifi extender. I carried out the procedure  and the wifi extender is working well but I can't use the NightHawk app in any way. The app asks me username and password but the ones I chose don't work and I don't know how to reset things. Notice that I carried out the procedure directly from the wifi settings of my smartphone (when I connected for the first time to the extender the path came out directly from my phone wifi settings) and not from the Nighthawk app. I thought it would have been the same (like when you do something from the web and not from the smartphone app) but I start thinking it's not. What can I do to reset things and use the Nighthawk app?

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wifi extender EX6250 can't use Nighthawk app

Hi Ema98,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately due to system backlogs. To use the Reset button to return the extender to its factory default settings:

1. Insert a straightened paper clip into the hole of the Reset button and hold it for about seven seconds.

2. Release the button.

Caution: Do not try to go online, turn off the extender, shut down the computer, or do anything else to the extender until it finishes restarting!

The extender resets and restarts. This process takes about one minute.

Note: After you reset the extender, please go to this link https://kb.netgear.com/000060592/How-do-I-install-my-extender-using-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-App

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7