× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender EX7700 loses connection with R7000P router, loses internet connection

Csedunum
Tutor

Wifi extender EX7700 loses connection with R7000P router, loses internet connection

Dear Netgear Community, 

I have update my netgear EX7700 and my R7000P to the latest firmware:

EX7700 - Firmware Version: V1.0.0.210

R700P - Firmware Version: V1.3.2.126_10.1.66

I connect to this extender with my iPhone, my MBP 2017, a Windows professional laptop and my HP8720 printer (Wifi)

Main issues are arising when seting the extender to : "Enable One Wifi" = Yes

Connection is not stable (at all) and I have regular connection drop-out. 

My iPhone receives a message saying "wrong password"

When a connect my professional Windows laptop, the connection drop-out and then says "no internet connection". 

Power cycling helps but not for long, unfortunately. 

I don't know how to "debug" this. Any help or idea? 

Any tool that could track network traffick to detect was is going wrong (connection of a device, new IP lease)?

Kind regards, Cédric

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
Firappighter64
Aspirant

Re: Wifi extender EX7700 loses connection with R7000P router, loses internet connection

I got the same error as you. If I found any solution then I'll let you know MyGiftCardSite

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extender EX7700 loses connection with R7000P router, loses internet connection

With both the R7000P and the EX7700, the latest isn't always the greatest. 

I'd actually install version 1.0.0.206 back on to the EX7700. 

And for the R7000P, I'd use version 1.3.0.20. it was the version prior to netgear armor being added. 

with both of the downgrades, do it over a hardwired connection, factory reset the device afterwards, and do a clean install (not from backup). After installing, disable auto-updates. 

See how they perform setup like that. 

Message 3 of 4
Csedunum
Tutor

Thank you plemans. I have not though of so "hard" back in time but I'll do so during a next evening. I will be carefull to setup from scratch with no back-up. I'll let you know

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7