× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender for c7800

joshhazel
Follower

Wifi extender for c7800

I’m in a house 5000sqft using thr c7800 with ac3200. I want to ensure I get max speeds in all areas of house. It’s 2 story with basement 3 floor. What models of WiFi extenders should I be looking at? When I tried to use filter the best I saw was ac3000. I just be able to find something to extend the WiFi without taking a hit on the speed? Also is mesh the same as an extender or should I be looking at that instead?
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extender for c7800

Your best bet is the triband extenders if you don't want to lose speeds to much.

Even with that though, you might struggle as 5000 sq ft is a large home. And extenders aren't that reliable when you need more than 1. 

If it was me? I'd pay the extra and look at going with a full mesh system like orbi. You'll have less headaches with roaming, stabilit, and coverage. plus if you need added coverage, you can always add satellites since its such a big home. 

You could always go with orbi and use the C7800 in modem only mode. Or even leave it acting as a backup/seperate wifi and place orbi in Access point mode. (to prevent a double nat)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7