× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender is not finding my network, and if it is, it isn't seeing it correctly

Saxon564
Aspirant

Wifi extender is not finding my network, and if it is, it isn't seeing it correctly

So I recently got the Netgear EX3110 and have been trying to set it up, but it never shows my network in the list of networks it finds. My network SSID being 'An Extremely Deadly Virus' running on a Netgear NightHawk R6260. When setting up the extender, the strongest network it shows is named '0x416EC2A045787472656D656C' which does not show on any other device I have. I suspect that is my network, but I don't actually know. When I do try to connect to it, the password seems to work, but the extender will say that it is not connected to the router. I have updated the firmware on the extender, and that did not fix my issue. Is there any help that can be offered, or is this something that could somehow be defective with this particular item.

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extender is not finding my network, and if it is, it isn't seeing it correctly

Are you using the installation assistant? If you tried setting up with wps, factory reset the extender. 
Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender is powered on. 

then try using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

here's a video of how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 4
Saxon564
Aspirant

Re: Wifi extender is not finding my network, and if it is, it isn't seeing it correctly

I have been using the installation assistant without wps. I have also factory reset the extender which did not fix my issue.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting the router and the extender. 

When you setup the router, avoid special characters and spaces in the router's ssid and password. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7