× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi extender problems

cokashi232
Follower

Wifi extender problems

so basically i have my computer setup on the other side of the house to the wifi, so I use the netgear extender, the range meter is always on red but i get 40 ping so i didn't mind, but when i woke up this morning the connection was too far, even though its been in the same place as its always been. i could do with some help on this if anyone knows why the connection range has decreased

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

1. what router do you have? 

2. what extender do you have? 

3. What firmware is on the extender?

4. if your range is in the red zone, you're at the max distance. it wouldn't take much interference for that to drop. You should move the extender closer. 

Where should I place my NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extender? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
kmiller000
Aspirant

what is your question.? you only mentioned the issue you are having.

There might be several reason behind that , som of them might be the standard of the devices you are using. for simple you can change the distance at your place. Or you can also buy standard extender or router.

usps

Message 3 of 4
salina123
Aspirant

If you are experiencing Wi-Fi extender problems, the first step is to identify the source of the problem. Are your speeds slow? Is the signal strength poor? Are you experiencing disconnections? Once you have identified the problem, you can go ahead and try the solutions listed above. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the extender. I am a blogger and content writer. You may check my website: Homes Guideline.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7