× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extension in ethernet wired house

Matt67
Follower

Wifi extension in ethernet wired house

I have moved in to a house with multi (4) levels. It is wired for ethernet and has ethernet ports on each level. It has a wifi-router on level 1 but the wifi coverage doesnt reach level 2 very well and not at all for level 3 and 4.

Q.What netgear product do I purchase to extend wifi range of my existing wifi via taking advantage of ethernet connection. I dont want to disconnect the wifi of the existing router (because that makes no sense) and I dont want to connect to extenders via wireless (because the house has ethernet which I guess is more efficient). I thought the Nighthawk EX7000 as an access point was the right option. But it seems that to use it as an access point (or several units as multiple access points) I cannot use the wifi capability of my existing wifi router. Maybe Ive got that wrong.

Appologies if this is a stupid question or if the answer is right in front of my face. Im no techno-dude.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extension in ethernet wired house

If you've got a 4 level home wired with ethernet, orbi would be great for you. It has the option of wired or wireless backhaul. 

It lets you set a single ssid for all the networks and roams between them. Plus it has band steering. I'd choose that route over going with a single router with extender option 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7