× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi mesh where I can manually configure the mac address?

Wifi mesh where I can manually configure the mac address?

Hey everyone,

I'd like to install a wireless mesh network, but my ISP requires that my router to be set to a specific MAC address. Anyone know of a mesh network that supports this? Does the MK62 support this?

I believe I can also use my existing router, disable the wireless, and configure the mesh network to run in bridge mode. I believe?

Thank you!!!!

Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi mesh where I can manually configure the mac address?

Hi @italianbeef, welcome to the community! Most, if not all, WiFi Mesh system from NETGEAR work with any ISP and that includes the MK62. Are you referring to a static IP address as your subscription? Which ISP is it? Is it using cable, DSL, Fiber or something else?

Dexter

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for replying, Dexter.

My ISP expects to see a specific mac address in our home. I currently have a Netgear Nighthawk R6900 that allows me to manually configure the mac address of the router. Please see the attached image.

Does the MK62 have this feature?  Thanks again!!!

Message 3 of 5

@DexterJB Just wondering if you were able to confirm this? Thank you!!!!!

Message 4 of 5

Ah - ha! I found it in the documentation on the support site. It *does* support this feature!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7