× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi range extender

psl19
Tutor

Wifi range extender

I installed a Ring Doorbell and the app says my wifi is weak.  Can you recommend a plug in wifi extender?  I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 model D7000v2

Thanks

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

You are looking for 2 mbps speed to/from the doorbell.  So perhaps try measuring the speed using a mobile phone (speedtest.net). Try both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz.

If the Ring doorbell is the only device you'll be connecting to the extender, than the EX3700 would be a cost-effective option.  You'd need to put it somewhere in between the doorbell and the router (so it will get a solid signal from both).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You are looking for 2 mbps speed to/from the doorbell.  So perhaps try measuring the speed using a mobile phone (speedtest.net). Try both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz.

If the Ring doorbell is the only device you'll be connecting to the extender, than the EX3700 would be a cost-effective option.  You'd need to put it somewhere in between the doorbell and the router (so it will get a solid signal from both).

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7