× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi repeater with LAN output?

XT500fred
Aspirant

Wifi repeater with LAN output?

Hello,
Is there such a thing as a wifi repeater with ethernet LAN output?

My neighbour has a Netgear DG834G, I can just about pickup his wifi signal with a wifi usb adapter, and he has agreed to let me use his wifi signal. I know i can boost this signal reception with a better antenna.

I have 2 computers and would like to connect them both to the internet. Is it possible to convert a router to a repeater so the wifi antenna is the signal input, and the LAN ports are the signal outputs? Or is there a repeater specially designed for this?

Yours,
Fred.
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wifi repeater with LAN output?

Wn2000rpt........
Message 2 of 7
fordem
Mentor

Technically - repeating is a wireless only solution - if you want wireless to wired you need a wireless bridge, not a repeater.
Message 3 of 7
XT500fred
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies chaps.
That Wn2000rpt looks the business, but it looks like you can't attach a different antenna. I need to attach a high gain antenna, on the end of about 1m of cable, and position the antenna on my window so i can pick my neighbour's wifi signal.

Is there a Netgear wireless bridge that allows a different antenna to be attached?

Ta,
Fred.
Message 4 of 7
Kumba
Aspirant

Don't really know how to use this forum... but we bought a new NetGear wireless router & I can't seem to find the "Key" to set up my wireless printer. Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

XT500fred wrote:
Thanks for the replies chaps.
That Wn2000rpt looks the business, but it looks like you can't attach a different antenna. I need to attach a high gain antenna, on the end of about 1m of cable, and position the antenna on my window so i can pick my neighbour's wifi signal.

Is there a Netgear wireless bridge that allows a different antenna to be attached?

Ta,
Fred.

Most of your home end n router don't have external antenna capable

Technically speaking mus ISP do not allow neighbors to get free internet. Usually customer of ISP are the one gets in trouble with fine. If you even pay your neighbors that is worse as welll. 🙂
Message 6 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Kumba wrote:
Don't really know how to use this forum... but we bought a new NetGear wireless router & I can't seem to find the "Key" to set up my wireless printer. Any suggestions?

Read manual

Support.netgear.com , get the manual:)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7