× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WifiRange extender Model ex6100

YabaDaba
Aspirant

WifiRange extender Model ex6100

I changed ISPs and have not been able to get my extender to connect with the new router. I re-set it to factory specs but that did not help. My devices do not find the extender when it is plogged in. Any help appreciared.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

• Is the switch in the AP or extender position?
  • Are you trying to do the set up with WPS?  If so, perhaps try resetting again without WPS, and look for the networks EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT or EX6100_NETGEAR_5GEXT WiFi
Message 2 of 4
YabaDaba
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. Switch is in extender. My issue is that since none of my devices can see the extender once it is plgged in, I have not been succesful with both the WPS or web brouser setting. again, thanks for responding.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@YabaDaba wrote:

Thanks for your response. Switch is in extender. My issue is that since none of my devices can see the extender once it is plgged in, I have not been succesful with both the WPS or web brouser setting. again, thanks for responding.

Obviously you can't use the web browser method if you can't connect to the extender wifi. Are you able to connect a laptop to the ethernet port?  Then you could might be able to reach the web ui.

Another (fairly obvious) thing is to try the reset again, and see if it "takes" this time.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7