× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired WiFi extenders?

DragonsDen247
Follower

Wired WiFi extenders?

Hello, I have a cement house lol it’s a WiFi nightmare. I’m looking to buy an extender I can connect to my router via cat 6 and use as a WiFi extender. Any ideas ? I’m sorta tired of buying 75.00 to 150.00 items that just don’t do it. Nighthawk looks good ? But I don’t know if I can hook up the cat 6 to it. Please if anyone has a suggestion ? It would help I have 200mb internet. It’s plenty for what I’m needing. I just can’t get it through some of my walls or down stairs.
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wired WiFi extenders?

Your best bet? Watch amazon for renewed orbi systems. 

Some of the extenders can run in access point mode but you'll have different ssids.

The orbi setups, you can at least use the single ssid function and hook up more satellites as needed to cover your home. They run with either the wireless backhaul or a wired backhaul. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Wired WiFi extenders?

Your best bet? Watch amazon for renewed orbi systems. 

Some of the extenders can run in access point mode but you'll have different ssids.

The orbi setups, you can at least use the single ssid function and hook up more satellites as needed to cover your home. They run with either the wireless backhaul or a wired backhaul. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7