× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless connection horrible. ISP say i should be getting 50mbs dwnld...I get 7 max.

eivery10
Aspirant

Wireless connection horrible. ISP say i should be getting 50mbs dwnld...I get 7 max.

I love playing ps3 and I just got a new game I would love to play online. Everytime I play it's very laggy and eventually I get the loss because my network times out.

I try to reset my router and modem in everyway possible, and I still get the same issues. My speeds usually would be around 17mps/5mps w/o router, but when connected, I am getting 2.0 mps/2.0mps.

I have 2 connections to my router, my laptop and ps3. My router is secure (i think.) I have tried resetting my router completely along with the modem with no success. I have tried isolating my ps3 to a very seperate IP. No success. Everything is default on the router now (since it was reset a billion times) and still no success. I have tried to hardwire my ps3 throught the lan output on the router. NO SUCCESS.

My service provider says I should have somewhere between 50mbs^ and 15 dwn. I have never seen these numbers. Ive learned that the ps3 operates optimal at 15up 6-7dwn mbs which I rarely get.

This problem started while I was taking my ps3 to work and using their wifi. After a few times it was fine but one time I brought it home and the connection was worse.

Someone suggested I get a new router but I don't think that is necassary. It works most of the time Im sure it is still cabable of funtioning properly if I enter make some adjustments on the router webpage. I just don't know what.

I only have one Modem (comcast) my router (I have a Netgear wpn824 v3 that checks for firmware every time I login to the router) My Macbook Pro and My Ps3. Speedtest.net says I get 7dnld 2up. Test a billion and one times.

Am I doing something wrong?
Message 1 of 3
netwrks
Master

Re: Wireless connection horrible. ISP say i should be getting 50mbs dwnld...I get 7 m

Are you running wired or wireless? According to he doc on your router, it only runs .g and, it looks like your PS3 does the same. Which would mean, 54mb, best case, wirelessly, if you have excellent reception. If you are running the router "out of the box", then you have alot of default settings, which could be causing you some issues. Try changing your channel on your router(and PS3 if you can - I don't game so I don't follow the configs on gaming boxes - not sure if PS3 does .n now, or not) to anything but 1, 6, 11. These channels are the most popular (for devices running right out of the box) and you "could be" experiencing an issue with another wireless device close to you (signal strength) It won't matter how much your carrier says you should have, bandwidth wise, running .g. You may want to consider running wired.
Message 2 of 3
eivery10
Aspirant

Re: Wireless connection horrible. ISP say i should be getting 50mbs dwnld...I get 7 m

I always have the ps3 hardwired to the router. It now gets really low mbs. What do you mean by .n and .g? How do I change my channel from 6? Its solid.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7