× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wireless router connect direct to Dynex?

arrbeejay
Aspirant

Wireless router connect direct to Dynex?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I have the following set-up:

1. Cable Modem
=> 2. Dynex Hub (splits signal to: 3, below; Apple TV, and internet-connected bluray player)
=> 3. LinkSys Router (RT31P2) with 2 phone ports (connects to a desktop computer, a phone, and 4, below)
=> 4. Netgear WGR614 Wireless router

Since the wireless router is last in line, the signal is not very strong. I tried connecting the Netgear directly to the Dynex, but even though there seemed to be a signal, I wasn't able to connect to the wireless router with my laptop.

There's probably somethig basic that I need to do in order to make this work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bob
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you have have cable modem/gateway unity a wall working the what would. E an issues hooking router behind the switch despite that hooking up router behind gateway mode will be double NAT
Message 2 of 8
arrbeejay
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
If you have have cable modem/gateway unity a wall working the what would. E an issues hooking router behind the switch despite that hooking up router behind gateway mode will be double NAT

Sorry? Seems like your post was garbled. And I don't know what the implications of being "double NAT" are; please explain. Thanks!
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

google DOUBLE NAT.. router back to back is simply meaning of it

what is the cable modem model
Message 4 of 8
arrbeejay
Aspirant

The cable modem is an "Arris".
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Is this telephone capable arris modem?

Actual model of arris
Message 6 of 8
arrbeejay
Aspirant

Yes, it's a phone-capable modem; I'm not currently using the cable VoIP capability, however. (We have service from Vonage.) The exact model of the cable modem is Arris TM 802. Thanks!
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Then you can not place switch directly behind arris modem

Arris modem-> router ---> switch
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7