× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless suddenly stopped working (WNR1000 v2)

titan2781
Follower

Wireless suddenly stopped working (WNR1000 v2)

I don't know if this is the right area to post for my router, but it seems like the closest i will come. i have a WNR1000 v2 router which was working fine last night, and just stopped working overnight. it is routing wired fine, but the wireless has stopped. i have tryed power cycling both the router and modem (this happened once before and that seemed to fix the problem) and that doesn't work this time. all the lights on the front of the router seem to indicate there is wifi being broadcast, and my devices detect and "connect" to it successfully, but no internet is actually being transmitted...

when i ipcongif / all i get this:

i know this computer is older, so don't get hung up on that, it's not broadcasting to ANYTHING. not my win 7 laptop or our android phones. I don't know what to do.
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wireless suddenly stopped working (WNR1000 v2)

Hold reset until power led flashes then release. This should preform a factory default, use default PW and re-enter your configs. If still a problem consider replacing it. From your description wired works, you can connect wirelessly but no internet.
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wireless suddenly stopped working (WNR1000 v2)

For feature reference. Your model should be posted here

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Based on your 10x IP likely to be an double NAT which are may the cause of the issues.

see router reset on my sig below
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7