× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn1000rp

crowd33
Novice

Wn1000rp

Will this increase the strength of our wireless signal ? We get 1mbps if we are lucky and looking to increase that. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wn1000rp

Extender is design to connect existing network by placing between the A-B so that it can broadcast from extender _ext SSID to cover the B which has issues area.

Extender must overlap the main wireless to work properly
Message 2 of 5
toppmoeller
Aspirant

hello ,
i want to explain my personal experience with this device.
i have one dsl router tp-link archer d7
static ip address and mac filter access list.
two days ago i bought this wn1000rp and start configure it mnually
now with wifi i can find the "master" wifi signal from tp-link , we called it ssid1 and another ssid called ssid:EXT
devices connected to this _EXT ssid get a virtual mac address and this has to be added to the tp-link access list to reach the other devices and to go in internet.

for what i understood about this wifi extender roaming is not possible and btw, if somebody can tell me how-to configure this device to be able to do roaming from ssid1 to ssid_EXT , i'm happy because in my opinion i have to connect manually my devices with the ssid_ext or ssid1
Message 3 of 5
storm_2003
Novice

Automatic wireless roaming can only be done by a wireless controller + supported AP which I think too much for your network.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16066/~/wc7520-product-faqs
Message 4 of 5
toppmoeller
Aspirant

ok
it's clear thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation