× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn2000rpt

mike65535
Follower

Wn2000rpt

I bought the WN2000RPT extender many months ago and although I had more trouble setting it up than I would have liked, I eventually got it to work.

However, I now can no longer get it to work properly.

Using a laptop running XP, I can "see" the home network (call it SSID: FOO) and the extended version (FOO_EXT) and when I try to go to the Internet when on FOO_EXT, the mywifiext.net web page is visible.

However, the steps that "webpage" indicates I should follow are cryptic. I have no dialog box as shown on the webpage and I don't know how to get it. Apparently is some kind of wireless set-up page, but as I said, I cannot find anything like it.

In addition, looking at the manual, it shows that the extender box should be showing some kind of "Link Rate" indication (red, yellow or green) but my WN2000RPT shows NONE (i.e. there's nothing lit up behind/for that indicator).

If I use the WII at this stage, I can see the FOO_EXT signal, but if I try to connect to it, I get kicked out - apparently indicating no Internet)

Any ideas? Why no light for "Link Rate"? Why no Internet?

-Mike
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wn2000rpt

you may have defective unit. I would reset he unit and try again . if behavior still exist then contact support for possible RMA replacement

use my.netgear.com to contact the support
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7