× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn2000rpt

Jusomeguy1
Novice

Wn2000rpt

I have one of these extenders on my network and it works very well upstairs. The router is located at the back of the house and the smart TV is at the front. I bought anothe WN2000RPT to cover the area at the front as the signal is too weak for the SmartTVor the DVD player.
Problem is that when I try to connect it to the router, it shows limited and there is no internet connection. I've moved the extender until it's about ten feet from the router and between it and my computer.
What am I doing wrong.
Tech support is unresponsive.
Reg

Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wn2000rpt

Do not place where you have signal issues

Extender must be overlap the signal from the main wireless and usually means it needs to bel located closer than remote location which has less signal coverage
Message 2 of 7
Cilantro
Novice

Hi, I doesn't matter where i put the extender, the link LED does not turn itself on. It worked fine for an year until 2 weeks ago. Now I can put it on top of the router and the link LED still do not turn on (I mean NOT on at all, not even with red). I resetted it many times, but still nothing. And now it stopped connecting to my computer too (this was working before). What should i do?:confused:
Message 3 of 7
MacWazzy
Novice

Hi

I have the same issue or similar issue if I read it correctly on the exact same part number extender:
Main router Wireless = "Office".
Extender 1 connected directly to "Office" = "Office2"
Extender 2 connected directly to "Office2" = "KitchenEXT"

If I connect my phone to the "Office" or "Office2" I have internet connection. If I connect my phone to "KitchenEXT" I get no internet.

Then I take "KitchenEXT" and connect directly to "Office" router which is the main router and I have internet connection. The range between my "KitchenEXT" and "Office2" does not affect it as I have moved it all over. I even put them right next to each other to see if it would make a difference. For whatever reason the device doesn't output an internet connection.

When I look at the status the Gateway points correctly to the main router however no internet connected is established.

Please assist. Wife angry no wifi in kitchen 🙂

Regards
Waz
Message 4 of 7
Casey2
Novice

Same problem with mine. I have two. I have brought them to the p/c and followed step by step instructions so many times I'm tired of it. I get signal, SSID, security match but no internet. Not a hint of the light in any color. I have done this with tech support who only want my CC number. I'm not ignorant generally speaking. I know most problems are fixed with a 100% shut sown and reset of everything involved. Everything works except for an internet connection. Even 24" away from each other during set up. I can't spend $300 on the new top router and antennas when the simple things don't work. I have used a WNR3500 router and when it failed WNR2000v3 does no better. Even when isolating to MAC address only I find these are great unless you want an internet signal. I have the Netgear app on my Android and read every page of tech there is on the units. I have a paid tech support with a 3rd party for my p/c. Can't pay for yearly support for Netgear products too.tell me i am missing something painfully obvious. Everything is updates. the answer can't be spend more. Hundreds is enough.
Message 5 of 7
MacWazzy
Novice

So obviously there is a bug in the firmware. Can we get a tech support to confirm and let us know when a new firmware is available?

Regards
waz
Message 6 of 7
Martin1986
Novice

my netgear n300 is limited connection why?

many thanks
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7