× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wn2000rptv3

Packfan
Tutor

Wn2000rptv3

I changed my Netgear modem when I moved. Now it's a C3700 and works great downstairs. I also am using my known good wn2000. I have an excellent signal on analytics, with great signal speed.
The problem is it doesn't connect to the internet. Without the .ext the signal is weak but it works.
I have been on this for hours.
Please help.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working properly! Its a bit of a challenge when there's errors with more than 1 device. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on for the wn2000rptv3?

Are you attempting to set it up via wps?

Its recommended to do the initial setup in the same room. Are you doing this?

Its a good idea to reset it if you've changed routers. Have you tried this?

Here's your support page.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN2000RPTv3.aspx

Message 2 of 5
Packfan
Tutor

I set the extender up next to the modem. When it completed the flashing I took it upstairs. When I connect to it I get the 3rd green light. I am showing strong signals and speed. I am just not getting Internet through the extender.
I had to hook up by cable to my computer to change the name and password which was easy enough. Then I followed the wps instructions, also easy. Everything is right but it doesn't work. It did extend in the last house with a different Netgear modem
I am confused. I did reset it before I started.
Message 3 of 5
Packfan
Tutor

I figured it out and you were correct. One key was holding the reset button in for 7 seconds. I was just pushing it in for a second. Now I had a clear field and I loaded the firmware upgrade and it connected to the router automatically.
My laptop still did not connect.
It was an adapter issue. Fixed it and am connected with 100% signal and great data.
Thanks again.
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working properly! Its a bit of a challenge when there's errors with more than 1 device. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7