× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wn604-100pes

tedster
Aspirant

Wn604-100pes

Hi I bought the AP mentioned above to implement Radius as we already have 6 other Netgears that does not support radius , the WN604 seemed like a good idea.

On the specs on the site , box & user manual it says it supports Radius.
On the manual there is clear indication that under configuration>security there should be a RADIUS option & under Advanced .

I have none of the above , I upgraded firmware to WN604_V2.3.1 , still not there , even tried to revert to previous options & factory reset.

According to the MANUAL i should see this...

HEEELLLPP!!
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wn604-100pes

contact support at my.netgear.com and use open technical submission about the issues
Message 2 of 10
tedster
Aspirant

Thanks , I will try that , i phoned local support in RSA and was going to phone me back but never happend :confused:
Message 3 of 10
Ardy
Aspirant

Tedster Did you get a response yet?
I just bought one of these WN604 access points too, purely because it promised RADIUS compatibility, i am getting the same problem as you even after the firmware update.

I will contact netgear too, in the hope it something something easy to resolve

good luck
Message 4 of 10
tedster
Aspirant

Hmmm...nothing helpfull...yet..

Dear Etienne,

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. My name is Mandeep and I will be your support engineer. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Based on the complexity of this case, it may be appropriate for me to seek additional resources. I recommend escalating your case to the next level for further review and response. I strongly believe that you will be contacted at the earliest.

This message is for your information only. There is no additional action needed from you at this time. The next level support engineer will update the case and you will be notified.

Again, thanks for choosing NETGEAR and we appreciate your continued patience. We will get back with you shortly.

A system generated e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address to inform you that we have responded to your inquiry. Please DO NOT REPLY to the e-mail sent to your e-mail address. Instead, if you want to reply to the message above and have additional query, please click "no" when the system ask you "Was your problem resolved with the information provided by the NETGEAR representative above?" When you select YES, your case will be closed and a separate e-mail containing a survey link will be sent to you to measure your customer support experience.

Thanks again for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Mandeep Kaur
Technical Support
NETGEAR, Inc.

***Please be aware that your case will auto-close after 7 days of inactivity***

Did you know that NETGEAR provides support for your home networking devices and PCs? One-stop solution! No need to call multiple vendors* for support. If you would like to learn more about the NETGEAR GearHead services please click on this link
Message 5 of 10
tedster
Aspirant

Just got a voice message from level 2 support.new firmware does not support RADIUS
They said it is a print error of manual
I am very annoyed as box says it clearly supports it and manual and every site you visit says it does
Message 6 of 10
Ardy
Aspirant

I too got a phone call from Netgear support, and after much head bashing to explain the issue , they said they would call me back in 1 hr. Of course 90 minutes later they rang when i was away but apparently they going to send me another access point. I will ring them back today and find out more details .

If this model isn't RADIUS enabled someone somewhere has made a serious error since it all over their support material, box,manual website .

Good luck with your problem too tedster
Message 7 of 10
tedster
Aspirant

Thanks , I returned it today and had to buy the WN802T that was aslmost double in price.

I just made sure it had RADIUS this time not to faal into the trap of false advertising.

All the best!
Message 8 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 9 of 10
kostasl
Aspirant

I have just had the same surprise. I bought the WN604 specifically for the RADIUS auth feature mentioned on the DATASHEET. Given that these posts in the forum are a few MONTHS old :mad:, WHY was there still a datasheet on the website (which I checked before purchasing) that mentioned the RADIUS feature?

I bought NETGEAR believing I am getting reassurance of quality and support, I hope they resolve this issue quickly.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7