× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wnhde111 wireless network issues

rfeng
Aspirant

Wnhde111 wireless network issues

One of the WNHDE111's is used as a 5.0 GHz AP with two others used in bridge mode. Each remote unit connects to a media player or hub which in turn is connected to a television. Please see the attached picture.

Both remote units and media players can see the NAS which contains music and video files connected by hard wire Ethernet to the AP and router, all hard connections. Both remotes can play all files on the NAS via the 5 GHz link.

The issue is that at one remote, the media player is also a media hub or server which can stream to other devices on the LAN. The hub is hard connected directly to the remote bridge (WNHDE111)cable and does pass signal to the AP over the 5.0 GHz link.

BUT at the other remote bridge unit, I can't see the media hub. If I disconnect the bridge unit from the media player and make a hard connection from the media player to the router (where the AP is connected), I can then see the media hub that is connected at the other remote end. But only if it is a hard connection??

Why is this? I should be able to see media hub at one end of the link which is making the connection back to the AP and router but this connection is not being passed from the AP to the other end of the link where the media player is located. Can someone please explain why or how I might be able to make the wireless connection work? Switching from bridge to automatic mode does not make any difference at either end of the links.

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Wnhde111 wireless network issues

wrong link................:)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation