× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wondering if it’s worth getting the ex7700

Noah-needs-help
Aspirant

Wondering if it’s worth getting the ex7700

I have a xr450 router and it works pretty well but in my room it’s speeds drop quite a bit and was wondering if it’s worth getting the ex7700 to use for my phones and also using an ethernet in it for my pc and if it will actually help my speeds and my ping in game better than a power line adapter. My house is decently old so the wiring isn’t the best and I only get 60mbps with my power line adapter compared to my WIFI’s 300. I use the power line adapter because my ping is worse and less reliable with the wifi due to my parents streaming 4K movies all the time.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

how big is the home? 

What are the interior walls made of? 

the EX7700 is a solid extender but it shouldn't be right by the pc you're going to use because the extender needs a decent signal to function off. If your pc is in an area its already not getting a good signal, then you'd want the extender halfway between the computer and the router.

Message 2 of 4
Noah-needs-help
Aspirant

It’s a average size house not super small. My room is in the basement and my router and modem are all the way upstairs in a corner of the house. Idk why at&t put it there but because it’s fiber i don’t think it can move. As for the walls I don’t know what they’re made of. And also I’ll be using the ethernet ports from the wifi extender is it still not worth it with that?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can use the ethernet ports on the extender. I"m just saying if the location the extender is in doesnt have signal than the extender will function poorly

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7