× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Would like to get a wifi extender to work with this router CG3000Dv2

Tjpost
Aspirant

Would like to get a wifi extender to work with this router CG3000Dv2

Hello I have this below.
N450 – N450/CG3000Dv2 WiFi Cable Modem RouterModel / Version: CG3000D v2.

I’m thinking about getting a WiFi extender if that’s what I should get to work with this?
We have a house with no basement and no top floor 2nd level if you get what I mean.
The router is hooked up to Comcast Xfinity.
Internet slow on the other side of the house when you walk in to the kitchen entrance now a wall separating you from the router so slower.
Would like to put something in the kitchen or outside of it to pull in better WiFi signal speed.
But here is my concern.
About the hand off I think it’s called. If you are by the router and doing a internet purchase We’ll say on your smart phone and you walk to the other end of the house. Now your smartphone WiFi gets transferred / picked up by the WiFi extender. And here’s where you can have problems your internet transaction purchase can get messed up from the phone now switches to the extender for WiFi. At times WiFi works and then when you go back to by the router your still on the extender. Or your phone WiFi is messed up and you have to shut off the WiFi and back on etc troubles I had in the past.
What is the extender if that’s what I need that won’t give me a problem with these issues I had before?
During the hand off from the router to a extender can mess up your purchase if doing one. Or have the extenders now have better technology to fix these troubles ?
What are my options that will fix this.
If there are many extender like 50 please list the ones the cheapest but that will fix these problems and give internet on that side of the house better. Please give links to many extenders that will work to fix these problems.
Thank you in advance for you help and time.
Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
Tjpost
Aspirant

Re: Would like to get a wifi extender to work with this router CG3000Dv2

Can anyone help please ?
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements