× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wrong Password

ncposcaleee
Follower

Wrong Password

I finally got the extender connected to my existing network and entered the password in the wrong line. I entered it in the passphrase box. So, the password was automatically entered in "KEY 1" box. Now, I have all 5 bars "excellent connection" but can't get it because I don't know my password. I've done the reset button on the extender and unplugged my original router multiple times. MyNetwork_EXT is still showing up in the network options list on my PC. How do I get the original NETGEAR_EXT back to start over? What do I do???

From another user: If your wireless security key is under WEP, please put this information on the Key 1 box and not on the Passphrase box.

Please help. 🙂
Message 1 of 2
Ephone
Tutor

Re: Wrong Password

If you're still seeing MyNetwork_EXT that means the reset was not successful. Did you press the reset button long enough?

To reset the extender, first plugin the extender and wait until the Status LED becomes stable green. Then stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold it until the Status LED flashes.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7