× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: X6S AmA – X6S (EX8000) versus Orbi (RBK53)

tagteam
Virtuoso

X6S AmA – X6S (EX8000) versus Orbi (RBK53)

Given the price points, and considering a larger home might require two X6S range extenders, would there be any significant benefit(s) with a tri-band router and a pair of X6S extenders versus an Orbi router with two satellites?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Great question. If you can replace your router, get an Orbi. If you have a router that you love and don't want to replace, Nighthawk X6S will be a great option. Orbi is a closed system and has better capabilities to do active steering of clients while Nighthawk X6S gives option of flexibility to configure your network in the way you want to. Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Great question. If you can replace your router, get an Orbi. If you have a router that you love and don't want to replace, Nighthawk X6S will be a great option. Orbi is a closed system and has better capabilities to do active steering of clients while Nighthawk X6S gives option of flexibility to configure your network in the way you want to. Let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 3
tagteam
Virtuoso

Great answer (it did, indeed, help immensely). Since my ISP will be changing in the near future and my current gateway (modem/router) will be incompatible (going from a cable provider to newly installed fiber), I will probably just go with the Orbi. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7