× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S Extender + X10 Router Issues

X6S Extender + X10 Router Issues

Hello,

I recently replaced my prior wifi system with a new X10 router which is working well.  I added an X6S to bring ethernet access to a few components at an enternaiment center.  I'm in a 2500 sq ft. house.

I've setup the X6S router 2 different times, using WPS or the web setup and it connects to both the 2.5G and 5G networks correctly.  After a few minutes it lights up with all white LED's including the "fast wifi" light.  The componenents I connect via wifi (xbox, set top box, sonos playbar and media streamer) I then start having massive issues with the rest of the wifi network.  my macbook, cell phone and other items are disconnected and I receive errors "another device is using your IP address" on my macbook.   Device connectivity to the ethernet ports on the router is intermittment, some of the devices cannot obtain an IP address.  

I appreciate any guidance or assistance.   I'm not having the experience I would expect after purchasing two flagship products. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: X6S Extender + X10 Router Issues

I'd like to mark this as closed / solved thanks to support from Level 2 Jason.

1.  The auto firmware update showed it was current, however there was a newer version posted for download on the website.  We installed the updated firmware.

2. even at a distance of 2 meters from the X10 router, the 5G connection displayed as red in the extender page.  We coulnd't find any interference with the channel, however we changed the 5G channel and everything came to life. 

I've been running for 2 full days with the extender in it's permanent location with no hickups and spectacular performance.  I'm seeing 118Mb connection at the extender ethernet ports, thrilled with perfomance.

Thanks again for the follow up and corrective actions. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ieatfishburrito,

Very sorry to hear you are having issues with X10 Router + X6S Extender.

Some basic questions - How far away are the router and extender? What is the router's channel? Do you use any devices in fixed ip address mode? 

It will be very helpful and easier to guide to the right resources if you can raise a ticket with support team with additional information. Thanks for your patience. 

Message 2 of 5

Thank you @arunkmony for your reply.  Please find my feedback below.

1). The router is on the second floor and extender on the first, approximately 40-50ft diagonnaly.   The router itself covers the home adequately, purpose of extender was to add faster connection to wired media components.  The 2.4G is excellent everywhere including outside, the 5G is ok at the extender but not spectacular.  The extender is able to make the "maximum throughput LED" connection with a solid white light populate I think it's adequate.

2). The routers channels are setup as:  2.4G=auto, 5G=CH 153.

3). All devices are connecting via DHCP and I haven't configured any fixed IP's.  I haven't made any advanced or unique configuration changes, just assigned network name on the new router and connected via the extender. 

Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ieatfishburrito

Can you send me a PM with your name, email, and phone number I will have our support team contact and work with you directly.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5

I'd like to mark this as closed / solved thanks to support from Level 2 Jason.

1.  The auto firmware update showed it was current, however there was a newer version posted for download on the website.  We installed the updated firmware.

2. even at a distance of 2 meters from the X10 router, the 5G connection displayed as red in the extender page.  We coulnd't find any interference with the channel, however we changed the 5G channel and everything came to life. 

I've been running for 2 full days with the extender in it's permanent location with no hickups and spectacular performance.  I'm seeing 118Mb connection at the extender ethernet ports, thrilled with perfomance.

Thanks again for the follow up and corrective actions. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7