× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S Tri-Band Range Extender does not connect to Nighthawk R8000 router via 5ghz band

stefanlagerblad
Aspirant

X6S Tri-Band Range Extender does not connect to Nighthawk R8000 router via 5ghz band

I have been trying to connect my extender via WPS for several times. Its place is 30cm from the router! Acording to mywifiext its just connected via 2,5ghz. It should be 5ghz!

When I move it, appr 8m in full view no Leds change. The connection is really poor. But when I shut off the extender the connection stays just as bad. The extender does not seem to work at all, even though I can see its there? Anybody that has had the some problems and got them solved? My question also is if Netgear has better stuff than this? 

Model: EX8000|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: X6S Tri-Band Range Extender does not connect to Nighthawk R8000 router via 5ghz band

Hi @stefanlagerblad,

Try to move the extender far away and check the signal since it may interfere with router's signal. Also, please help me with screenshot of connectivity which you specified about 2.4 and 5GHz with status.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7