× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X6S problem

Peggymom
Initiate

X6S problem

I set it up as directed and used the same name (I am on a wireless network). Seemed like it was working could go from one side of house to the other. Problem, when I tried to go to amazon prime or Netflix on my tv they would not work. I reset it with my router having my original name and gave the extender another name and can now watch Netflix and amazon prime on tv. But when I go outside I have to set my iPhone or iPad to the extender name and this is not what everything I have read and even on the box it says you only need one name. Please help. 

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: X6S problem

Glad to hear the installation wizard got it up and running. 

If you mark it as solved, it can help the next person with this issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can use the mesh function. 

When many set it up, they use wps. which can cause issues when manufacturer's code things diffent.

Try re-running the setup wizard 1 more time. Use the mesh/single ssid/onessid function so it has the same name. Just don't use wps. 

What firmware are you running?

What router is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 4
Peggymom
Initiate

We were able to get it to work with one name. Instead of setting it up with the app we use our iPad using an IP address and now it works great. 

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear the installation wizard got it up and running. 

If you mark it as solved, it can help the next person with this issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7