× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XAV 1301

Frankroger
Follower

XAV 1301

I have solar panels on the roof of my home. The solar system control panel allows me to view the output of the panels on my computer. The control panel has the above mentioned Powerline 200 pluged into it to transmit the data wirelessly to another Powerline 200 which is plugged into my desktop computer. A change was made to the 120 volt wiring in the house and now these 2 Powerlines do not talk to each other. The power LED and the Ethernet LED are illuminated and green. The Powerline LED is off. Netgear tech support tells me that the 2 Powerlines are not on the same circuit. However up until a room addition was made to our house they talked to each other. The electrical service panel has 220 volt capacity, single phase. How can I get these two to talk? I don't know if the 2 Powerlines are on the same leg of the voltage supply from the utility company. I don't know if they were before the room addition.Do I need a range extender to overcome this? Where should the range extender be located if I do need one? Is there another solution?

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7