× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XBOX Live Nat Problem with MBR1210 (Bell)

S1L3NoZ
Aspirant

XBOX Live Nat Problem with MBR1210 (Bell)

Hello guys!

I have the Netgear MBR1210 for quite some time now and I always had connection problems when playing online. Connection quits all of a sudden and things like that. I decided to give a shot at solving this issue but my knowledge in network stuff is very limited, not to say none. I followed the instructions given on Xbox Live website but I can't seem to remove that NAT problem. Informations given are alway a bit confusing. I tried the Port Triggering they were talking about with the UDP/TCP stuff but... NOt working. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. So I'm asking you guys... Can you please help me with that issue? I'll be very grateful.

Thanks
Dave
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: XBOX Live Nat Problem with MBR1210 (Bell)

Posssibel you are relying on cell data and not like DSL or cable

You already have forwarding so I would look into broadband issues
Message 2 of 8
S1L3NoZ
Aspirant

Yes I'm relying on cell data. Broadband issues would cause NAT Restrictions?
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

also you issue are most broadband will give you PRIVATE IP instead PUBLIC IP

call your ISP and ask if you have private or pubic. ask for how to get public ip because if you don't it will not work properly
Message 4 of 8
S1L3NoZ
Aspirant

I misunderstood broadband with bandwidth sorry 🙂 I'll see if I can find help on that issue... Anything you can tell me on how to fix this? Thanks
Message 5 of 8
S1L3NoZ
Aspirant

OK thanks! I'll check that out
Message 6 of 8
S1L3NoZ
Aspirant

I contacted Bell with the issue regarding private and public address and it's a private one. I asked if I could get a public but it's not possible so... I'll be damned with the NAT problem i guess 😞
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

likely to be...... 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7