× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cabled connection between my Nighthawk R7000 and EX7000 to extend my Wifi network ?

dwibier
Aspirant

cabled connection between my Nighthawk R7000 and EX7000 to extend my Wifi network ?

I have a Nighthawk R7000 router (which does an excellent job). It is located on the ground level at the front of my house.

I also have a Nighthawk EX7000 range extender located on the first level in the middle of my house.

Everything is working fine with the FastLane feature turned on, but I was wondering if it is possible to have a cabled connection between the Router and the Extender so I don't need FastLane and I can have dualband wifi networking also on the extender ?

(The gigabit cable is already in place but not plugged into the devices)

Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Re: cabled connection between my Nighthawk R7000 and EX7000 to extend my Wifi network ?

Just put the EX7000 into AP mode, you'll be good to go!

Message 2 of 4
dwibier
Aspirant

If I put the EX7000 in AP mode, will it then extend the wi-fi networks configured on the Router 

(incl guest networks)?

Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

The EX7000 in AP mode, extends your local wired subnet (wirelessly). Both your router and EX7000 in AP mode, are their own separate (autonomous entities) with their own settings, that need to be configured. Looking in the EX7000 documentation, I cannot see anything regarding Guest Networks for the EX7000..

Here's the manual.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7