× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot connect password not accepted

ben1982
Initiate

cannot connect password not accepted

I am unable to connect to the _Ext option as the password is not accepted. I have followed the set up instructions for the extension device, connected via wifi and have a solid green light for the WPS. I do not have a 2g or 5g EXT option when searching for available broadband options, but do have a _Ext version of my broadband...It does not accept my password however. I have reset the password to be sure. I saw some previous posts suggesting that there should be a password on the bottom of the device but mine does not have one. There is a WPS pin but I have tried that and it does not work either. Would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: cannot connect password not accepted

Glad to hear you got it working! If you mark it solved, it might help the next person with this issue

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting to? 

What extender is it? You didn't put your model.

What firmware is on the extender? 

Try factory resetting the extender and then reinstalling it using the installation assistant and NOT WPS. 

WPS can get coded different between manufacturers and cause issues. 

The extender (if factory reset) shoudl't require a password to connect to it for the initiall connection/setup. 

Message 2 of 4
ben1982
Initiate

Thank you, that's great....seems to be working now! Model was EX2700

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working! If you mark it solved, it might help the next person with this issue

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series