× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

compatable Range Extender

krjarman
Tutor

compatable Range Extender

I have a Nighthawk AC1750 model R6700v2 and need to extend its range. Which Range Extender would be recommended for my dual band Router?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: compatable Range Extender

I'd look at either the EX7500 or EX7700. Those are the 2 base tri-bands. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I'm a fan of the tri-band extenders. 

here's why

The simple single band/dual band extender have to recieve and then retransmit using the same chip. this cuts their throughput in half. and increases latency. You can use fastlane to help with this but then you loose a band.

Tribands reserve a chip just for router----extender communication. this keeps your speeds up and helps mitigate the latency hit. 

They aren't always necessary if you're not needing high bandwidth or low latency.  but its a nice feature. 

Message 2 of 5
krjarman
Tutor

plemans (Sensei),

I like your Tri-band reasoning and wish to follow your recommendation, but would you name the model number you think would work best with my Nighthawk AC1750 model R6700v2. I have purchased a Ring Floodlight Cam and installed it on the eve of my house and the poor signal there causes latency and reconnection issues which defetes the whole purpose. The Ring floodlight does not provide 5G channel connection and I have older divices that do not either, so I have unbalanced utilization, of the two channels I do have, so need an extender that will hopefully fix my signal problem on the channel that the Ring Floodlight uses.

Thank You Ken

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd look at either the EX7500 or EX7700. Those are the 2 base tri-bands. 

Message 4 of 5
krjarman
Tutor

Sensi,

Thank you very much.

Ken

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos