× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connected to network but not internet

hokies_1986
Novice

connected to network but not internet

I have WN1000RP, was working (WEP), until upgraded router. Now it won't connect to the internet. Can connect to the network, but not the internet: "additional password required" Latest firmware. 3 green LEDs. now connected by WPA-PSK(TKIP). What now?
Message 1 of 4
Firedog59
Aspirant

Re: connected to network but not internet

Had the same issue tonight. Accessed booster through my laptop wireless. Ran netgear genie. Rebooted. Worked. Same fix for a desktop I use wireless. Fixed issue. however,...i haven't been able to get the ipad to connect. "Authorization Required" Username and password required google comes up on the ipad. Still researching the Apple issue. good luck.
Message 2 of 4
Tantalord
Aspirant

I cannot also access internet on my laptop and probably is that the ip address it gets ,when i connect to the Extender it is not the proper one of the home network(169.x.x.x instead of 192.168.1.x).I am trying to find a fix...
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Make sure the extender is overlapping the main wifi signal. Do not place extender where you did not get signal well. It needs to be closer to main wifi
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7