× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

crash while updating firmware on EX6200 extender

profSteve
Aspirant

crash while updating firmware on EX6200 extender

I was updating the firmware on my EX6200 Extender.  Seemed to go well:  messages said "downloading firmware,"  "installing firmware," "your extender will now restart."  Then the lights on the extender went out and stayed out, permanently.  I've tried powering off and then on; I've tried poking the Reset button and holding it for 10 seconds.  Whatever I try, all the lights come on for about 10 seconds, then all but the top three go off and the top 3 change from green to amber.  After 20 more seconds the top 3 lights go off.  The Genie was still running on my Dell laptop (running Windows 10), but it doesn't seem able to communicate with the extender (which now has no lights on).  The Genie says "Firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.1.98.    Is my EX6200 dead ?

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: crash while updating firmware on EX6200 extender

I would make contact with NG support. 

@Christian_R 

@profSteve wrote:

I was updating the firmware on my EX6200 Extender.  Seemed to go well:  messages said "downloading firmware,"  "installing firmware," "your extender will now restart."  Then the lights on the extender went out and stayed out, permanently.  I've tried powering off and then on; I've tried poking the Reset button and holding it for 10 seconds.  Whatever I try, all the lights come on for about 10 seconds, then all but the top three go off and the top 3 change from green to amber.  After 20 more seconds the top 3 lights go off.  The Genie was still running on my Dell laptop (running Windows 10), but it doesn't seem able to communicate with the extender (which now has no lights on).  The Genie says "Firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.1.98.    Is my EX6200 dead ?

Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi profSteve, 

Thank you for your post. Please send me a message with your contact info and serial number and I can have support reach out to you. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 6
profSteve
Aspirant

Christian -     Thank you for your prompt response to my post.  The serial number on my EX6200 wifi extender is. In case it's relevant, it communicates (did until a couple of days ago) with my N900 router.  I updated the firmware of the N900, without trouble, just before updating the extender.  Now the router seems to work properly, giving my laptop wireless internet access.  There are also ethernet cables connecting the router to three computers and a printer.  All three computers now have wired internet access through the router, but Windows is telling me the printer is offline. Thanks in advance for your help.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do not post serial number or phone number information in the forums. Please use Private Messages to forum moderators to send this information to them. 

@profSteve wrote:

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @profSteve - I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox. 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7