× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

d7000

cosmo2450
Guide

d7000

I have a large single story house which one wifi modem does not cover. So I have at the front of the house an xr500 which connects the home theatre, tv and the office (wifi). It is than connected via LAN cable to a d7000 in the middle of the house which is the access point. The d7000 connects to a mesh extender out in the garage via wifi. Now my problem here is I dont want to use netgear genie as it is terrible compared to duma or whatever the xr500 uses. Another problem here is I have wireless speakers mid house which must jump between the xr500 and the d7000 as they will loose music input.

So I want to put the xr500 as the MAIN router in the middle of the house and use its software no matter where I am, and put the d7000 as a wifi extender at the front of the house. But i only want to use duma software. Netgear genie is god awful and the app does not work on IOS anymore and nighthawk app doesnt even pick it up. 

When i log into duma I want to see everything that is hooked up to wifi on my network, not just whats hooked up to that router.

TLDR I want my d7000 to act as a wifi extender and not a router. I just want it to extend the range of my xr500

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7