× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

eax80 loses connection

crnagoja
Follower

eax80 loses connection

So netgear eax80. I properly connect the device to the router and the device works for about 1 hour and later the speed of device drops very low and device loses wifi signal and I have to reset it, meanwhile router works fine! Smart connect option is off, I get 2.4ghz and 5ghz speeds from router and connect to eax on both connections. Eax work fine for 1 hour and speed and connections drops. Router and eax80 have new firmware. I tried all connection options, tried router and eax80 in ac mode also, nothing works. Eax80 is not first product that i owned from netgear but is far worse. Help/solutions anybody?

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: eax80 loses connection

What router is it connected to?

When the speeds are low, log into the extender and check its backhaul settings/connection info and post them back here. 

Message 2 of 8
crnagoya
Aspirant

Router is Arcadyan VRV9518BA-2C. I will check info and send it.
Message 3 of 8
crnagoya
Aspirant

I yesterday connect router and eax80 trought fastlane connection, from router 2.4 to eax80 5. No connection loss so far, eax80 is working stabile and no loss or drop of speed, connections. It is very odd, only working fine in fast lane.
Message 4 of 8
crnagoya
Aspirant

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Fastlane is a good feature but if its making it stable, it usually means there was interference on the other channels. 

Also something to check was if the router was using the dfs channels as if you have radar in the area, that'll cause drops as well. 

Message 6 of 8
JoeKerr70
Aspirant

My eax80 is losing speeds as well. Tops out at maybe 240mbps in fastlane 2.4 to 5ghz to my rax70 router. I've tried without fastlane and speeds maybe hit. 400 then drop. Been fighting with Comcast on speeds. New modem installed a month ago cm1200. Starting to wonder in Netgear is the way to go or switch to another reliable brand.
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

@JoeKerr70 Have you started your own thread so we don't get your info confused with the OP? 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7