× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ex2700 connects to router but doesn't accept password

aussiescall
Tutor

ex2700 connects to router but doesn't accept password

The password hasn't changed but it will not accept it. What can I do please? I've had to move it closer to router so it now connects but won't accept the routers password. Quite frustrating and annoying. Thanks

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: ex2700 connects to router but doesn't accept password

Are you setting it up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

What router are you connecting it to?

Message 2 of 6
aussiescall
Tutor

Set it up using WPS. WPS lights were all green non flashing on both router and extender. It came up with my network name with EXT and asked for password but wouldn't accept it. Router is Technicolour TG588v v2
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Technicolor has horrible wps  support.

Try factory resetting the extender and installing it using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

To reset, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender is powered on. 

Message 4 of 6
aussiescall
Tutor

I went to the page the instructions state (won't let me post its name here but have attached picture of instructions) but can't see New extender setup button so do get create account page displayinh so can't follow netgears instructions. Have they changed the page or the instructions. Feel so near yet so far
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

You can always hardwire a pc/laptop into the extender and connect that route. Just make sure to disable the pc/laptops wireless so it doesn't default back to that connection. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7