× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ex2700

spottydog
Aspirant

ex2700

had 2 x extenders for several years, all working fine, got an email to upgraade firmware , downloaded file however I can't login to my extenders and forgotton user name and passwords. Went to the password help page and answered the questions and keep getting told the answers are wrong which they can't be as I only went to one first school and only have one brother, been going round and round in circles, driving me mad, can anybody help please?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: ex2700

If  you never setup the questions at the start but have password recovery turned on, it'll do that. Basically, you need to reset the devices and when you redo their setup, setup the questions and answers. Keep in mind it is sensative to spaces and upper/lower case for answers. 

To reset them, hold the reset button for 7-10 seconds. It'll set it back to factory. 

Message 2 of 5
spottydog
Aspirant

Hi thanks for your reply, that makes sense.  Another couple of questions for you as I'm such a thecnophobe.

Once i've pressed the reset button do I have to reconnect the extender to my router and where can I find the setup to do that.

Also will I then have to reconnect my burglar alarm and ring doorbell to them or will they auto reconnect .

many thanks for your help

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@spottydog wrote:

Hi thanks for your reply, that makes sense.  Another couple of questions for you as I'm such a thecnophobe.

Once i've pressed the reset button do I have to reconnect the extender to my router and where can I find the setup to do that.

Also will I then have to reconnect my burglar alarm and ring doorbell to them or will they auto reconnect .

many thanks for your help

Yes, you do need to redo your installation after resetting the device.

Your devices "should" auto reconnect if you redo your setup with the same ssid and password you had before. Emphasis on should as occassionally people have to forget a wifi setting on their device and reconnect it. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

here's your support page with installation instructions, firmware updates, and the manual.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX2700.aspx

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7