× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ex3700 kills wifi

BriBar
Aspirant

ex3700 kills wifi

trying to use this as an  access point  and as soon as i plug in the  Ethernet cable to our Arris cable modem it kills the wireless internet on everything.! ive tried different cat 5 wiring with no luck. not sure whats going on because it works great as an extender wirelessly. i have a ex6100 in another room thats being used as an  access point with no problem! not sure if i have a bad unit or what?! any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Bribar, 

A couple things: 

1. Would you mind clarifying what you mean by "kill." (eg. do all devices disconnect? does the modem stop broadcasting the wifi?)

2. Have you tried plugging the extender into another port on the modem?

~Christian 

Message 2 of 7
BriBar
Aspirant

Hi Christian, yes it disconnects all of wifi clients. but the modem continues to broadcast Wi-Fi.  I have plugged it into three other outlets/ethernet ports and the same issue. I have also replaced the Arris modem to no avail. my ex6100 ac750 still works great as an access point. i just dont understand why this ex3700 doesnt work as an access point.!  if i unplug or power down the ex3700 then after 30 seconds or so all goes back to normal. ive also tried diconnecting  the ex6100 to see if thats where the interference was at and that made no difference.....

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BriBar - I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 7
DJ-DJ
Aspirant

What was the fix? I have this same issue. All Wi-fi devices are disconnected. Hardwire no effected. 

Message 5 of 7
BriBar
Aspirant

DJ-DJ, sorry i havent found out how to fix the issue. ive resorted to leaving the 3700 as an Extender being im only using the wifi to get service to it and extend it. sorry i coudlnt help other than to advise you to purchase a higher up model (ex6100).<< that unit is a 750AC version

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

The EX3700 was reconfigured as an acess point? While configured as extender and plugging a network cable to the same network will create a loop and bring down the performance to almost null.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7