× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ex6000 not recognising my router password

Wildey84
Aspirant

ex6000 not recognising my router password

Hi 

I have purchased the Ex6000 to boost my wifi. However, when trying to set it up it connects to router but when i connect to devices and put in the password (which i am told is the same as my router) it will not accept it. It says incorrect. 

My router isnt Netgear but i believe this doesnt matter.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Rick

Model: EX6000|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
PastWord8
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Did anyone solve that? 

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Wildey84 wrote:

I have purchased the Ex6000 to boost my wifi. However, when trying to set it up it connects to router but when i connect to devices and put in the password (which i am told is the same as my router) it will not accept it. It says incorrect. 

Try resetting the extender, and this time set it up without pressing WPS.  Then connect to the extender's client wifi network, and browse to www,mywifiext.net.  That is the extender's web interface.  As you set up the extender, you can manually enter the WiFi password (making it the same if you like).

Message 3 of 5
Wildey84
Aspirant

I'm going to sound really stupid here but how do you connect without WPS?

I've put my IP address for the extender in the web and created a login. Its picking up my router, i can see everything but just won't let me connect. 

When i put mywifiext in, it just says you are not connected to extenders wifi?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Wildey84 wrote:

When i put mywifiext in, it just says you are not connected to extenders wifi?

After the reset, you need to connect to NETGEAR_EXT - that's the extender's wifi.  There is no password, that network is open (until you complete the setup).

I think you missed that step.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7