× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ex6100 setup not working after firmware upgrade

Dugg2032
Follower

ex6100 setup not working after firmware upgrade

I upgraded the firmware a week ago with no issues. Now cannot get the NEXT button to appear after entering the requested information. So I'm stuck at the account creation page. Tried factory reset multiple times with no change in results. The device is completely inoperable.
Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to use another web browser or make sure a pop up blocker is not causing a issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Olof63
Guide

Hi, I have the same problem, I cannot get past the "New Extender Installation" screen which requires me to fill in
two securitiy questions. After completing the fields, the "NEXT" button at the lower right hand of the screen is greyed out.  
Any suggestions ?  I tried both from a PC with different browsers and my ipad Safari

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to factory reset the unit?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
Olof63
Guide

hi, yes I did there is no change, I cannot get past the registation screen...

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Olof63

A bug was found that when you register your email if it has a special character or period in the email address it will not let you go past that screen so do you have a email with none of those or just go create a throwaway gmail account to get around it.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
sotodiver
Aspirant

I upgraded the firmware today with no issues. Now I can't get the NEXT button to appear after entering the requested information. I'm stuck at the account creation page. I tried factory reset multiple times from different systems with with no change in results. I tried all the aforementioned recommendations. I cannot log into the device. Is there a fix to it?

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7