× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ex6120 No internet

Forget9630
Aspirant

ex6120 No internet

Hello, I just bought ex6120. The smart router has been connected to the main router's wifi, but there is no network. The expander indicator is normal.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: ex6120 No internet

1. What router are you connected to?

2. what firmware is on the extender?

If you set it up via wps, I'd factory reset the extender and try setting it up via the smart connection wizard. Sometimes the wps functions aren't the same between manufacturers. 

the support site has a video of using the smart connect wizard as well as its in the manual.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6120.aspx

Message 2 of 6
Forget9630
Aspirant

1. Connect the only router

2. The expander is the latest firmware

Expander wps cannot be used without response Mobile laptop wps available Resetting the expander is still the same

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Forget9630 wrote:

1. Connect the only router ------this didnt help at all. What router? model? 

2. The expander is the latest firmware--------Which firmware is it? The latest isn't a number. 

Expander wps cannot be used without response Mobile laptop wps available Resetting the expander is still the same------This doesn't make any sense. I'm not even sure what you're saying here. Punctuation and complete sentences help me understand what exactly is going on.  If you're having issues with wps then try the setup via the smart installation wizard. There's a video on the support site that walks you through this. 

Message 4 of 6
Forget9630
Aspirant

1.Router Askey RAC2V1K

2.Firmware version: V1.0.0.48_1.0.30

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

This is the community forum where members of the public try to help others out. We're not paid for it. You're not helping me to help you. I'm not going to fight to get answers from you. 

If you want help, please go into more details. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7