× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ex7000 losing internet connection for some devices

gulftide
Tutor

ex7000 losing internet connection for some devices

• Hardware Version: EX7000
  • Firmware Version: V1.0.1.84_1.0.148Extender mode

This ex7000 keeps dropping the intenet connection for some devices.  For months it was my wifes laptop.  Now it is one of my ROKU's.  Rebooting the laptop/ROKU will reconnect but with no internet connection.  Rebooting the ex7000 fixes the problem for a while.  I see where others have had the same problem but no clear fix.  Does anyone know why it does this and how to fix it?

Also, I see there is a new firmware available.  Should I updae or leave it as is?

Thanks,

Joe

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

What router is it connected to? 

Did you set it up using wps or using the installation wizard?

I'd try updating the firmware. You can always downgrade back if it makes it worse. 

Message 2 of 5
gulftide
Tutor

It was connected to a Pepwave.  Now it is connected to an Asus RT_ac86u.  I did not change anything in the ex7000.  It was initially set up with the wizard.  Getting a new router was not related to this problem, which seems to be the same with either router.

How would I downgrade back if I didn't like the new firmware?  Is there a way to save the original firmware?

Thanks,

Joe

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You don't have to save the file. Netgear has it under their downloads section under "view previous versions"

EX7000 | Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender | NETGEAR Support

you'd simply follow the manual firmware update process but use the older firmware and not the new firmware. 

Message 4 of 5
gulftide
Tutor

I updated the firmware.

We'll see how that works.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation