× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ex7500 needs to be reset every 2-3 days to be able to roam to it again

rockscully
Tutor

ex7500 needs to be reset every 2-3 days to be able to roam to it again

The extender is paired with a r7800 netgear router. I have selected  'one wifi name' and "smart connect" . I disabled the 'Sync configuration with Netgear router" because by doing so i can use a different 2.4 Ghz channel than the router. The extender communicates with the router on channet 149 and the extender talks to clients on channel 1 and 48. Firmware version is the latest 74. Problem is that after 2 or 3 days i have to unplug the extender  so that my devices can roam to it again. When it becomes defective, i still can access it's ui by entering it's ip adress and the status screen seems to show that everything is normal but when i get out of range of the router, i cannot roam to the extender.

I have tried everything like resetting to factory, restarting, unplugging but the same problem comes back every 2 or 3 days. Bad news is that other people seems to have similar issue on Amazon comments

Anybody else having this problem and or have a solution to that? 

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
rockscully
Tutor

Message 2 of 6
rockscully
Tutor

Replying to myself. Seems that this problem is like 3 years old and Netgear never did anything to correct it . See also this post :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX7500-Range-extender-drops-connecti...

What a shame. Will throw this piece of junk to garbage  and never buy Netgear again

Message 3 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rockscully,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the extender. We would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for callback. Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
rockscully
Tutor

Actually testing firmware 1.0.1.76 that's been available since oct 22. No problems so far. Will report in a couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 6
lisahaley000
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing information.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements